Saturday, October 17, 2015

Social Trends On Air (The Podcast For You)


Recently I was assigned a class project with the task of creating a podcast. The podcast I created focused on several relevant issues that are going on right now in the social media world. I invited a guest speaker, and social media analyst on to the show to help spark strong conversation topics. The main topic of discussion we went over was Facebook, and their latest decision to add a dislike button. We talked about whether or not this would be a good or bad thing, how companies using Facebook can use this for better analytics, and what the long-term end results may be.

The project itself was a fun one. I had the chance to learn how to effectively use garage band, and run a podcast. At one point I actually thought about making it a hobby. From the podcast project I was able to take away several things.

I now have a deeper understanding and appreciation for podcast, and what all goes into them. I know have a more broad knowledge on social media more specifically Facebook, and why they chose to add the dislike button; and finally I understand that in order to have a successful podcast you should have scripted questions to start with, but from those questions you should be able to generate new ideas, and topics. Podcast should have a planned flow, and then go from there by going with whatever content arises. I enjoyed this project. I now know how I could greatly improve my next podcast. If you would like to hear my first podcast here is the link,  http://sccraven85.podbean.com/mf/web/smid79/SocialMediaPodcast1.m4a please comment and let me know what you think.




1 comment:

  1. I agree with Reed that as social media evolves, so should buttons and ways to share feelings. Although some may abuse the button, I feel like it will still help organizations to see what content works and what doesn't. As it unveils, I'm sure we'll see some downfalls, but ultimately, expressing dislikes is inevitable.

    P.S. Reed sounds like a sports analyst haha

    ReplyDelete