Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Weekend Away

This past weekend was fall break for ONU. I was fortunate and had the chance to travel across the country for a few days with my best friend. Most kids stay home and relax, or watch Netflix; I was climbing mountains, and experiencing life out west in Colorado. My trip started Saturday morning when my flight left the Cleveland airport. I have never had a smoother airport experience than I did Saturday morning. I am thankful my luggage was not misplaced, and my plane ride was very smooth.  

Once Rachel and I landed in Colorado we ate a meal from Burger King. Never in my life have I paid $18.00 for a fast food meal, but when you are in an airport they have no problem hiking up the prices.  After we ate, Rachel’s uncle who is possibly one of the coolest adults I have ever met picked us up.  We arrived at her aunt and uncle’s house, and immediately my jaw dropped. They live in one of the most beautiful houses located in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Later that night after meeting Rachel’s aunt and her 3 cousins we went out to dinner in downtown Colorado. The evening was perfect. We ate so much seafood, and drank the finest local brews. After experiencing some Colorado culture we went home and passed out. Rachel and I were not use to the time change yet.


The next day we went for a 2-mile hike to one of what I consider the most scenic views I have ever seen. While at the top of what I considered to be a mountain and Colorado natives consider to be a hill we took in the beautiful scenery, and appreciated something bigger than ourselves. After that we hiked down and spent the rest of our time site seeing, and relaxing. I am very pleased with how the weekend went, and hope to make it back out west sometime in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and that view is absolutely breathtaking. My roommate sophomore year was from Colorado and her talking about the views only made me want to go more. I would love to go out there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great view! Well, all of Colorado is I guess haha. Glad you enjoyed yourself with the scenic views and endless hiking trails. Sucks you spent so much at Burger King, 18 is two large pizzas at East of Chicago, but talk about local breweries makes me in the mood for a cold one. Which reminds me I have couple in the fridge. Cheers to your successful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great view! Well, all of Colorado is I guess haha. Glad you enjoyed yourself with the scenic views and endless hiking trails. Sucks you spent so much at Burger King, 18 is two large pizzas at East of Chicago, but talk about local breweries makes me in the mood for a cold one. Which reminds me I have couple in the fridge. Cheers to your successful trip!

    ReplyDelete