Sunday, December 6, 2015

ONU Holiday Spectacular


This past Saturday Rachel and I went to the ONU holiday spectacular. Rachel had never been to the show before, and I wanted to make sure she had the opportunity to see the show before graduating in May. This was my second time going and I could not have been more pleased. As Rachel and I were driving home we talked about how great it is to be able to go to a school that works so hard to put together a performance like that.

We did not see one mistake throughout the entire show. To me, this exemplifies just how hard the theater department has worked. I will be sure to come back to Ada after graduating to see the show. The Holiday Spectacular is a signature ONU performance. Every year the shows sell out. The show always deviates slightly from the original running. This year a new feature was elf on the shelf. I thought they did a really nice job with this particular section. The elf whose name I do not know was very adept to his character. He was able to be an acrobat and maintain his stage boundaries.


I am excited for the years to come and know the show will not disappoint. If you have never made it to the show I highly suggest you buy a ticket next year. The tickets are $5 and are worth every penny. Be sure to buy your tickets early before they sell out, this show is a community favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Sam,
    I too have never been to see Holiday, but have always wanted to go. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it. You could say I'm "lucky" for tanking a 5th year, so I have another opportunity to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley is the actor who was cast as the new character this year. He's a sophomore and extremely talented. I didn't get a chance to see Holiday this year but I'm hoping to come back after I graduate and see it because I really enjoy the show and I'd love to see how it changes in the future.

    ReplyDelete