Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Why Fall Is The Best Time To Be At ONU


Fall is rapidly approaching for the village of Ada and I could not be happier. Fall in Ada is the best time of year. There is something about driving through campus when all of the leaves start to change colors. The sceneries will inevitably put a smile on your face. The weather is perfect and there are plenty of activities going on throughout campus. 

One of my favorite sceneries is when the Polar Bears are playing at Dial Roberson stadium on a Saturday afternoon, and you look over the hill out to the pond and see the entire tree line filled with bright colors. I swear the first time I ever saw those trees I got goose bumps just looking at them.

Corn hole, grilling out, sitting on hay bales, bonfires, and many more festive activities can be seen all around the village. Those are many of the things I will miss after leaving in the spring. When you first arrive on campus you have this amazing rush of energy going through you. You are meeting people, staying out late, walking through campus, and you never really take the time to sit there and take everything in. Now that I have been here for four years I will be sure to take everything in this fall.

Ada, Ohio is a pretty awesome place. I like to refer to it as a diamond in the rough. Not to discredit the surrounding corn and bean fields, or Lima and Findlay, but there really isn’t much around ONU. You drive and drive then finally you come into this small town where so little is happening, yet it feels like so much.  


Fall is here and I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment