Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Real-Time 11-12


Real–Time Marketing & PR Chapters 11-12 raise interesting points about two important topics. The first point of interest is when David Scott discusses the four key contact points where companies need to focus on real-time connections with customers. When focusing on the need of the customer Scott gives 4 main focal points. The points are as followed, presale, immediate post sale, ready to receive and problem solution and crisis communication. 

The next chapter I found to be very interesting. Scott discusses the trend of large companies utilizing our app world. Almost every major company has an app for their consumers. I took a minute to count my apps I have for companies I associate myself with. I have 10 different apps on my phone to hear about upcoming promotions, shopping convenience, and product updates.

One social media app I felt is doing a great job with gaining users, and retaining users is Snapchat. Snapchat is growing by the minute, and adding functions weekly.  Several news and entertainment outlets are using Snapchat as a way to be seen and promote their television shows. I think it is a great collaboration to see these multimedia outlets coming together and making deals in a way that is a win-win on all ends.


The phrase “there’s an app for that” took over the scene in 2015 and is now more true than ever before. The app world is constantly growing. There are app developers in every city eager to get their hands on another project. Overall I think the apps are great for ensuring customer satisfaction and convenience. I would expect to only see this phenomena continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment