Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Where Do You Get Your News

Social media sites are becoming more and more known for their shared news links. When I check my Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram I am continuously seeing all of the news being shared that I would see if I were to watch the news channel. Obviously I don’t rely on these sites as my primary news source, but I do find it very interesting that often I will hear about an issue or news event before I hear about it on my main news sites, and channels.

I see this as a very convenient and important opportunity. I would bet that the number of people who check their social media sites as opposed to watching or reading news is very high. By news outlets having a social media presence they are forced to be seen by people when they are shared whether it is simply reading the headline, or taking the next step and opening the article.

I see great potential in this new spread of important events. As a nation we are not educated enough of what is going on around the world let alone in our own communities. If we are not going to take the necessary steps to inform ourselves at least our social media friends are helping us out by sharing links they find important.


No comments:

Post a Comment